Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Waldo student tapped for local production


By Lupita Gonzalez, Berenice Garcia & Corrine Van Lier


Everyone loves art and there are a lot of ways to express art. Some types of art are comedies, action, romance, and even happiness. Can you guess what we are talking about? We are talking about acting, and at Waldo we have a class called Musical Theatre II. Student learn how to act and express emotions in this class. Here at Waldo, one of our students named Azael Ku Beiza got a part in a play presented at SKIT (Salem Keizer Inspirational Teen) Theatre called The Beauty and the Beast. We interviewed Azeal and Ms. Koenig, drama teacher at Waldo Middle School.


Questions for Azael Ku Beiza
Q: What part did you audition for?
A: The egg man or the bookseller.
Q: Why did you audition in the first place?
A: I auditioned because I like acting, singing and dancing a lot.
Q: Did you get the part you wanted?
A: Yes, I did. I am the Egg Man.
Q: Do you care if you don’t get the part you want?
A: Not really, as long as I’m in the cast.
Q: Do you think you’re a good actor?
A: Well, yea, kind of.
Q: Do you enjoy acting a lot?
A: Yes, a lot.


Questions for Ms. Koenig
Q: Do you encourage many people to audition for these plays?
A: Yes, I post the poster then I inform the students about it.
Q: Do you think everyone has the potential to be an actor?
A: Many people can be involved and have fun, but not everyone wants or can be a star.
Q: Have you ever auditioned for these plays?
A: No, but in high school I was in four musicals.
Q: Do you like what you do as a musical theatre teacher?
A: Yes, I’ve always loved musical theatre and I enjoy teaching very much.


All over the world people love acting and maybe you have a talent for acting. If you like acting but you're not sure how to start, then contact Ms. Koenig and she can help you with your situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment