Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dance fever strikes Waldo


By Lyric Pendergrass, Alexis Garza, and Taylor Kelsey


About every month, Waldo has a school dance. In the month of April we had a dance and the theme was Get Your Geek On. We went around the school asking students if they like the theme and if they were going to be at the dance. Let's found out what the students said.
Q. Do you like the theme of the dance? Why?
A. Yes I like it, because I’m a nerd and the theme is geeky.
-Veronica Ortiz
Q. How many dances have you been to?
A. I’ve never been to a dance ever in the two years I’ve been at Waldo.
-Eric Lopez
Q. Do you like the dance? Why?
A. Yeah, because it’s a good way to hang out with your friends.
-Jessica Zamarron
Q. If you are going to the dance, who are you going with?
A. I’m going with all my friends to watch the competition.
-Jorge Garibay
Q. Do you like to dance alone or with a group and why?
A. Sometimes I don’t dance, but sometimes I battle in the competitions against my friends.
-Freddy Figueroa
As you can see some students go to the dances and enjoy it, but some have never even been. This April dance there was a competition and most students went to see that. In May, there will be a Bracelet Dance for any students who passed OAKS and earned bracelets. Students who didn't pass can get in for a fee. We don't know if there will be a theme for this dance, but we hope it will be good and we'll look for you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment