Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mustangs Heavyweight Football is Going Strong!


Come support your school. GO WALDO MUSTANGS there are 4 more games!!!!

By Trey Hargrove and Miranda Hernandez

Here is what we asked Mr. Withers:

Q. How do you feel about the team this year?
A. "I'm excited about a good group of kids. We'll see."
Q. Who do you think has most potential in being your best player?
A. "Everybody has a good chance to be a good player. Everybody is going to play (one or more positions)."
Q. Do you enjoy coaching the heavy weight team?
A. "I enjoy coaching. Heavyweight has good numbers.
Lightweight needs to get in shape." (just kidding).
Q. How do you feel about coaching with Mr. Light?
A. "It's lots of fun, good sense of humor, nice to teach with him
on and off the field."
Q. Did you play any sports in middle/high school?
A. "Yes. Cross country, baseball, basketball and track."
Q. Who do think Waldo’s toughest competition is?
A. "Every middle school will be a challenge."
Q.When and where is the first game for heavyweight?
A. "The first game is September 30 against Leslie. There are three games here at home and three games away."

These are our thoughts about the football team:
Trey: Well, um... good group of people. They work well together. They started off the season okay. They won the second game…and they're doing alright.
Miranda: Um well I'll start off by saying that I love them. They are like family to me. They are doing good so far...the players I most admire are my cousin Nick, my best friend Edgar, my homie BIG MAC and I guess Gabe. Oh, and I can't forget Big D (Diontray), but the whole team has a place in my heart(haha). Hope you guys do good the rest of the season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment