Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mustangs reflect on fun football season


By Nick Swindle & Greffy Tom

Football season has been pretty big here at Waldo ever since it started in 1959. They had a 5-1 season. In 2010, Waldo had a 1-5 season. We wondering about the history of football at Waldo because we both played last season. It was fun, but we would've liked to have won more games.

We asked some of the key players questions about the teams:


Q1: What position were you?
Why you like it?
Q2: Did you make starter and why?
Q3: What made you join football?
Q4: Who were your inspirations?
Q5: What did you do to get prepared for a game?

These were Anchen Rain's answers:

A1: I played wide receiver and I liked it because I got to make touchdowns.
A2: Yes, coach thought I was good.
A3: I like football.
A4: The coach, because he was a leader.
A5: I prayed before a game

These were Jose “Nacho” Alcantar answers:

A1: I play halfback and I liked it because I got to make touchdowns.
A2: Yes, I was good.
A3: I like football.
A4: All NFL.
A5: Go to sleep early.

These were Jonathan Ibanez answers:

A1: I play middle linebacker and I like it because I get to tackle.
A2: Yes, I improved.
A3: I always wanted to join.
A4: My family played.
A5: I stretched before.


It was fun playing, and even though we didn't have many wins we did have a good time. We're both planning to attend McKay this fall, and we look forward to playing for the Royal Scots football team. Playing football is a great way to get out aggressions on the field and that's just one of the reasons that we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment