Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Students and staff share enthusiasm for soccer







By Heriberto Padilla and Jake Odom






SOCCER IS A POPULAR SPORT IN OREGON AND ALL AROUND THE WORLD. THE FIRST TIME I PLAYED SOCCER WAS WHEN I WAS 6 YEARS OLD. EVER SINCE THAT TIME I HAVE LIKED SOCCER. I NEVER PLAYED ON A SOCCER TEAM BUT I HAVE PLAYED WITH MY FRIENDS. MY FAVORITE TEAM AT THAT TIME WAS PUMAS DEL U.N.A.M. THE BEST GAME I HAVE SEEN FROM PUMAS WAS THE PUMAS VS. VERACRUZ GAME. PUMAS WON BY 8-0. - Heriberto




The first time I played soccer was when I was 8 years old at school. Now I am 13 years old and I play soccer all the time with my friends . My favorite team is America . Soccer is one of my favorite sports. - Jake




Here are some questions and answers:




Q: Who do you think is the best soccer player?




A: "Diego Armando Maradona , and Ronaldo I," said Mr.Figueroa.




Q: What is your favorite team?




A: "America is my favorite," said Alejandro Garfias, a 6th grader.




Q: What international team do you think is the best ?




A"I think Brazil," said Erik Lopez, a 7th grader.




Q: If you were ever on a team, what team would you like to be on?




A: Esmeralda Ramirez, a 7th grader, said, "Chivas!"




Q: What position do you like to be in?




A: "Forward," said Jorge Carlos Guzman, a 6th grader.




Q: What do you have to do to be a good soccer player?




A: Maria Mota, a 7th grader, said, "Practice!"

No comments:

Post a Comment