Friday, September 18, 2009

Poetry submission #1


Poetry column - Written by Anna Garcia

The Beginning

In the beginning I was happy,
Smiles all around,
I thought the beginning was great,
New friends,
New people,
It’s going to be fine,
Just make the beginning your dreams.


School

The stare of the crowd,
The points,
The laughs,
The names that they thrown,
But they aren’t stronger,
Because they are wrong,
It’s not your fault,
They are just mad that you are yourself,
You’re smarter and better in every way,
They are just jealous.


Fallen Rock

Sharp,
Jagged,
Broken souls,
Lost forever in a sea of despair,
Never to be let go,
Their minds shattered like glass,
Scattered to the ends,
With their endless battles of tearing guilt,
Revival is vital,
But they go down hard,
A crack in a fallen rock.
Impressions
Don’t try to impress,
He’s not worth it,
Don’t try to deny it,
It won’t work,
Don’t try to trust,
He’ll just let you fall,
And you should know,
He doesn’t care at all.


Stormy run

I crashed through the final branches,
surrounded by trees dancing to the wind,
running as fast as I can,
dogding every stone in my way,
suddenly I stop.
I look into the skies and let the rain wash away my worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment